WhatsApp Chat Lock - Here's How You Can Use Chat Lock On WhatsApp on Android Mobile Phone And iPhone
WhatsApp has brought yet another new feature to their platform as they look to make the chats even more secure for their users. Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg recently announced the new feature named 'Chat Lock'. The new feature will allow the users to keep their intimate conversations in a secure folder. The contents of the messages won’t appear in your notifications either.
WhatsApp Chat Lock adds another layer of security to your intimate chats, giving you the opportunity to lock the chats with your fingerprint. What makes the feature even more unique is that it can be accessed only by the user of the account. The users can choose the chat/chats they wish to lock. The feature was first launched on beta before being rolled out to all users on both Android and iOS.
How to use WhatsApp Chat Lock on Android and iPhone:
The users will find the WhatsApp Chat Lock feature in the chat info section. In case, you are unable to find it you will have to update your WhatsApp to the latest Android version 22.214.171.124. So if you have the latest WhatsApp version installed on your device, here is the step-by-step guide on how to use WhatsaApp Chat Lock.
How to lock WhatsApp chat:
- The first step is to have the latest version of the WhatsApp on your Android device or iPhone.
- Once you update the version, you are all set to use the WhatsApp chat lock.
- Enter the chat you wish to lock.
- Go to the info section of that particular chat, scroll down and you will see the 'Chat lock' option.
- After you click the chat lock option, you will get the prompt to lock the particular chat with your fingerprint.
- After you lock the chat with your fingerprint, it will move to the secure folder.
- In case you want to lock an archived chat, you will have to unlock it first.
- You can open it anytime you want by just tapping on the folder, selecting the chat and unlocking it with fingerprint.
How to open WhatsApp locked chats:
- The user will have to go to the Chats tab and scroll down.
- Tap the Locked chats folder.
- Confirm your fingerprint, Face ID or device password to unlock.
- Tap the chat to view or send a message.
Features of WhatsApp chat lock:
- User can lock any chat on the device.
- When you lock a chat, the notification content and contact will remain hidden. The notification will show as WhatsApp: 1 new message.
- The users can lock group chats as well as muted chats.
- Calls, however, won't be locked. A call from a locked chat contact or group will still appear.
- When an user locks a chat on the phone, it will lock chats on that phone only. In case, the users have linked their WhatsApp account to any other device like a desktop computer, the chats on those linked devices won’t be locked.
- When you lock a chat, the person you’re chatting with won't know you’ve locked the chat.
The new feature is definitely a game changer for those who wanted more privacy with their chats. WhatsApp will also add more features to the chat lock in the coming days like creating custom passwords for chats and the feature to lock chats for companion devices.
Just like the archived chats, the locked chats will be in a separate folder. But unlike the archived chats, you can access the locked chats only with the device password or the biometric authentication (fingerprint).
- Whatsapp has introduced a new feature called WhatsApp chat lock.
- It allows the users to lock particular chats, giving them more privacy.
- The locked chats will be stored in a separare folder.
- The locked chats can be accessed only through device password or biometric authentication.