Virat Kohli: Age, Net Worth, Salary, Birthday, Injury, IPL & International Careers, Social Account, Records List, Family, Height & Weight
Virat Kohli is a renowned Indian cricketer and former captain of the Indian national cricket team. Born on November 5, 1988, in Delhi, India, he is widely regarded as one of the best batsmen in the world. Known for his aggressive and consistent batting style, Kohli has achieved numerous records and milestones in international cricket. He has been a key figure in India's cricketing success, leading the team to victory in various tournaments. Kohli's dedication, passion, and commitment to the sport have earned him a special place in the hearts of cricket fans worldwide.
Who is Virat Kohli?
Virat Kohli is an Indian cricketer who is considered one of the greatest batsmen in the history of cricket. Kohli is known for his exceptional batting skills, remarkable consistency, and aggressive style of play. He has been a vital part of the Indian national cricket team and has achieved numerous records and accolades throughout his career. Kohli has also served as the captain of the Indian cricket team, leading them to significant victories in various formats of the game. He is not only a cricketing icon but also a prominent figure in the world of sports, admired for his dedication, fitness, and leadership qualities. Off the field, Kohli is involved in various philanthropic and business ventures, making him one of India's most influential and celebrated sports personalities.
Virat Kohli Personal Information:
1. Full Name: Virat Kohli
2. Date of Birth: November 5, 1988
3. Place of Birth: Delhi, India
4. Role: Batsman
5. Batting Style: Right-handed
6. Bowling Style: Right-arm medium pace
Virat Kohli: A Brief Biography
Virat Kohli's passion for cricket ignited at a young age. He began playing the sport in the streets of Delhi and soon joined the West Delhi Cricket Academy. His father, Prem Kohli, supported his cricketing dreams from the start. Tragically, Virat lost his father when he was just 18, but that loss only fueled his determination to succeed.
Rising Through the Ranks: Virat Kohli:
Kohli's impressive performances in domestic and age-group cricket quickly caught the attention of selectors. He made his debut for the Indian Under-19 team in 2006, where he led the team to victory in the 2008 Under-19 Cricket World Cup. His exceptional talent with the bat earned him a spot in the senior Indian cricket team.
Virat Kohli International Stardom:
Virat Kohli's international debut came in August 2008 against Sri Lanka. His consistent run-scoring and remarkable ability to chase targets made him a mainstay in the Indian team. Kohli's hunger for success was evident as he consistently piled on runs and broke numerous records.
Virat Kohli Captaincy:
In 2013, Kohli was appointed the captain of the Indian cricket team, taking over from MS Dhoni. Under his leadership, India achieved several historic wins, including their first-ever Test series win in Australia in 2018-19. Kohli's passion, aggression, and strong leadership on the field made him a dynamic captain.
Virat Kohli Achievements:
Virat Kohli boasts an impressive list of achievements, including becoming the fastest player to score 8,000, 9,000, 10,000, and 11,000 runs in One Day Internationals (ODIs). He has also held the top spot in the ICC rankings for both ODIs and Test cricket. His consistency in all formats of the game has earned him comparisons with cricketing legends.
Virat Kohli off the Field:
Kohli's influence extends beyond the cricket field. He is known for his commitment to fitness, inspiring many with his disciplined training routines. He is also a successful entrepreneur, owning a clothing brand and investing in various ventures.
Virat Kohli Personal Life:
In December 2017, Virat Kohli married Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma in a private ceremony. Their relationship has been a subject of public interest, and the couple is known for their philanthropic endeavors. Virat Kohli's journey from a young boy playing street cricket to a global cricketing icon is a testament to his dedication and love for the game. His aggressive yet dignified approach has won him fans worldwide, making him one of the most influential athletes of his generation.
Virat Kohli Records, Awards & Achievements:
1. Numerous Centuries: Kohli holds numerous records for scoring centuries in both One Day Internationals (ODIs) and Test cricket. He is one of the fastest players to reach milestones like 8,000, 9,000, 10,000, and 11,000 runs in ODIs.
2. ICC Awards: Kohli has consistently been recognized by the International Cricket Council (ICC) for his outstanding performances. He has won multiple Sir Garfield Sobers Trophies for the ICC Cricketer of the Year and ICC Test Cricketer of the Year awards.
3. ODI Records: Kohli holds several ODI records, including being the fastest to 8,000, 9,000, 10,000, and 11,000 runs. He also has the most centuries in successful run chases.
4. Test Captaincy Records: Under Kohli's captaincy, the Indian cricket team achieved significant milestones, including their first-ever Test series win in Australia during the 2018-19 season.
5. Awards and Honors: He has received numerous awards in India, including the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India's highest sporting honor, and the Padma Shri, the fourth-highest civilian award in India.
6. Arjuna Award: Kohli received the Arjuna Award in 2013, a prestigious sports award in India, for his outstanding achievements in cricket.
7. Forbes List: He has consistently been featured on Forbes' list of highest-earning athletes due to his endorsements and successful entrepreneurial ventures.
8. Multiple Double Centuries: Kohli has scored several double centuries in Test cricket, making him one of the few batsmen to achieve this feat.
9. World Records: He holds various world records, such as the fastest century in ODIs by an Indian and the fastest to 8,000, 9,000, and 10,000 runs in ODIs.
10. Captaincy Achievements: Kohli led the Indian cricket team to the number one ranking in both Test and ODI formats during his captaincy.
11. Spirit of Cricket: He has been praised for his sportsmanship and commitment to the spirit of cricket, setting a positive example for aspiring cricketers.
12. Consistency: Kohli's remarkable consistency in all formats of the game has earned him comparisons with cricketing legends like Sachin Tendulkar and Ricky Ponting.
Virat Kohli's records, awards, and achievements showcase his exceptional talent, dedication, and contribution to the sport of cricket. He continues to be a role model for aspiring cricketers around the world.
Virat Kohli's Career Highlights:
Virat Kohli Domestic Career:
1. Kohli began his domestic cricket journey by representing Delhi in the Ranji Trophy and played a crucial role in the team's success.
2. He made his first-class debut for Delhi in 2006 and scored a century in the same match.
3. In the 2006-07 Ranji Trophy season, he was the highest run-scorer for Delhi.
4. Kohli continued to shine in domestic cricket, earning a reputation as one of India's most promising young talents.
Virat Kohli International Career:
1. Kohli made his international debut for India in August 2008 in an ODI against Sri Lanka.
2. He made his Test debut in June 2011 against the West Indies.
3. Virat Kohli has been a vital part of the Indian cricket team, serving as captain in all formats.
4. He has consistently been one of the world's leading run-scorers in ODIs and Tests.
5. In 2018, Kohli became the fastest player to reach 8,000, 9,000, 10,000, and 11,000 runs in ODIs.
6. His aggressive and consistent batting style has earned him numerous records and accolades in international cricket.
Virat Kohli IPL Career:
1. Kohli has been associated with the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) franchise since the inception of the Indian Premier League (IPL) in 2008.
2. He was appointed as the captain of RCB in 2013 and has led the team for several seasons.
3. Kohli's exceptional batting performances in the IPL have made him one of the leading run-scorers in the tournament's history.
4. He holds the record for the most runs in a single IPL season (973 runs in 2016).
Virat Kohli ODI Career:
1. Kohli is regarded as one of the greatest ODI batsmen of all time.
2. He has numerous records, including the fastest century by an Indian and the fastest to 8,000, 9,000, 10,000, and 11,000 ODI runs.
3. Kohli has consistently been among the top run-scorers in ODI cricket and has achieved numerous centuries and fifties.
4. He has served as the captain of the Indian ODI team, leading them to numerous victories.
Virat Kohli T20 International Career:
1. Kohli has been a key player in India's T20 International squad.
2. He has played crucial innings in T20 matches, often anchoring the innings and finishing games.
3. His adaptability and skill in the shortest format of the game have contributed to India's success.
Virat Kohli's career is defined by his unwavering consistency, prolific run-scoring, and leadership on the field. He has set numerous records and continues to be a dominant force in international cricket.
Virat Kohli Wife: Anushka Sharma
Virat Kohli is married to Anushka Sharma, one of India's most prominent and successful actresses in the film industry. The couple's love story began in 2013 when they met during the shooting of a television commercial. After dating for several years and keeping their relationship private, they got engaged in a private ceremony in December 2017 in Italy. Virat and Anushka tied the knot in a lavish and private wedding ceremony on December 11, 2017, in Tuscany, Italy. The wedding was attended by close friends and family. Their wedding photos and videos quickly became viral on social media, capturing the hearts of fans and followers. Virat and Anushka are known for their strong bond and are often seen sharing their love and affection for each other on social media. Anushka Sharma is not only an accomplished actress but also a producer and entrepreneur. She has starred in numerous successful Bollywood films.
Vamika Kohli Daughter
Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma welcomed their first child, a daughter, on January 11, 2021. They named their daughter "Vamika," and her arrival was met with immense joy and excitement from their fans and well-wishers. Despite being extremely private about their personal life, Virat and Anushka occasionally share glimpses of their daughter on social media, giving fans a peek into their family life. The couple has been focused on providing a loving and nurturing environment for their daughter, and they often express their gratitude for the joys of parenthood. Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma make for one of India's most celebrated power couples, with their successful careers, loving relationship, and the addition of their adorable daughter, Vamika, making them a beloved family in the eyes of their fans and the public.
Virat Kohli Salary:
Virat Kohli net worth and salary were significant, but please note that these figures may have changed since then due to new contracts, endorsements, and other income sources. Virat Kohli was a central figure in the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) contract list, earning a significant annual retainer fee. He was in the top category of BCCI contracts, which came with an annual retainer fee of around INR 7 crore (approximately $1 million). In addition to his BCCI salary, Virat earned substantial match fees for representing the Indian cricket team in international matches.
Virat Kohli Net Worth:
Virat Kohli's net worth was estimated to be around $125 million (approximately INR 900 crores), making him one of the highest-paid athletes in India. His income came from various sources, including cricket contracts, brand endorsements, business ventures, and investments. Virat has been associated with numerous high-profile brands, such as Puma, MRF, Audi, and many others, which added significantly to his earnings. He also co-owns the clothing brand "Wrogn" and has investments in the fitness and restaurant industries. Virat Kohli's net worth has seen substantial growth over the years due to his success in cricket and his entrepreneurial ventures. Today, his earnings and net worth may have evolved since then. Virat Kohli's financial details are subject to change due to new contracts, endorsements, and investments.
Virat Kohli Cars that Match his Elegance:
Virat Kohli, one of the world's leading cricketers and a style icon off the field, has a taste for elegant and luxurious cars. His collection reflects his passion for high-performance vehicles and mirrors his personality – confident, stylish, and impressive. Here are some of the cars that Virat Kohli owns, which perfectly match his elegance:
1. Audi Q7: Virat Kohli has a strong association with Audi and owns a stunning Audi Q7 SUV. The Q7 is known for its blend of luxury, performance, and cutting-edge technology, making it an ideal choice for someone who values both comfort and style.
2. Audi R8 LMX: This is another Audi in Kohli's collection, but it's not just any Audi – it's the limited edition R8 LMX. With a sleek design and a powerful V10 engine, the R8 LMX is a supercar that embodies both sophistication and speed.
3. Range Rover Vogue: The Range Rover Vogue is a symbol of luxury SUVs, known for its opulent interiors and exceptional off-road capabilities. It's an ideal choice for someone who appreciates both refinement and adventure, much like Kohli.
4. Bentley Continental GT: The Bentley Continental GT is the epitome of luxury and performance. Its timeless design and powerful engine make it a statement car that perfectly aligns with Virat Kohli's persona.
5. Lamborghini Gallardo: The Lamborghini Gallardo is a supercar that needs no introduction. With its striking looks and incredible speed, it's a symbol of power and prestige, fitting for a sports superstar like Kohli.
6. Porsche 911: The Porsche 911 is a sports car icon, known for its handling prowess and timeless design. Kohli's collection includes the 911, showcasing his appreciation for classic and performance-oriented cars.
7. Toyota Fortuner: Alongside his luxury cars, Virat Kohli also owns a Toyota Fortuner, a rugged and dependable SUV. This choice reflects his practical side, showing that he values a versatile vehicle for different occasions.
Virat Kohli's car collection not only comprises high-performance vehicles but also demonstrates his diverse taste, from luxury SUVs to supercars. Each car mirrors a facet of his personality, combining elegance, power, and style, much like the man himself.
Virat Kohli House That Reflects Success:
Virat Kohli, the iconic Indian cricketer and former captain of the national team, has established himself as one of the most successful and prominent sports personalities globally. His achievements on the cricket field are well-documented, but his off-field success is also reflected in the stunning homes he owns. Here's a glimpse into Virat Kohli's houses that truly reflect his success:
1. Gurugram, Haryana Mansion: Virat Kohli, along with his wife Anushka Sharma, owns a luxurious and spacious home in Gurugram, Haryana. This stunning mansion is a testament to his hard-earned success and extravagant lifestyle. It features modern architecture, lush green surroundings, and top-notch amenities. With its large living spaces, beautiful garden, and a separate wellness center, this residence embodies luxury and comfort.
2. Ongoing Project in Mumbai: Virat and Anushka have also invested in a high-end apartment in the Worli area of Mumbai. While the details about this property are relatively private, it is undoubtedly another addition to their impressive real estate portfolio. Mumbai, often referred to as the financial capital of India, is a hub for celebrities, making this investment a symbol of their stature in the entertainment industry.
3. Delhi Residence: Virat Kohli's childhood home in Delhi is another place that holds special significance in his heart. It's a reminder of his humble beginnings and the journey that led him to cricketing stardom. Although he may not reside here regularly, it remains an essential part of his life story.
Virat Kohli's houses are a blend of sophistication, luxury, and comfort, mirroring his incredible success in the world of cricket and entertainment. His investments in real estate reflect not only his financial prowess but also his desire for a life of opulence and well-deserved comfort. These homes are a symbol of the hard work and dedication that have made him a household name and an inspiration to millions worldwide.
Virat Kohli Brand Endorsements:
Virat Kohli, one of the most celebrated cricketers globally, is not only known for his outstanding performance on the cricket field but also for his impressive portfolio of brand endorsements. He has become a sought-after figure for companies looking to promote their products and services. Here's a glimpse into Virat Kohli's brand endorsements:
1. Puma: Virat Kohli has a long-standing association with Puma, a global sportswear and athletic brand. He endorses Puma's sportswear and footwear, emphasizing the importance of fitness and an active lifestyle.
2. OnePlus: Kohli has been the face of OnePlus, a prominent smartphone manufacturer. His influence has helped the brand gain recognition among tech enthusiasts and smartphone users.
3. Audi: Virat Kohli is a brand ambassador for Audi, the luxury car manufacturer. His association with Audi reflects his passion for high-performance vehicles and a lavish lifestyle.
4. MRF Tyres: MRF, a leading tire manufacturing company, has had a long partnership with Virat Kohli. He endorses their range of cricketing equipment, including cricket bats.
5. Tissot: As a brand ambassador for Tissot, a renowned Swiss watchmaker, Virat Kohli represents elegance and precision. His association with the brand underscores his impeccable style.
6. Manyavar: Virat Kohli's ethnic look in Manyavar's traditional Indian clothing resonates with those celebrating weddings and festive occasions. He has been a popular choice for the brand's campaigns.
7. Boost: Boost, a popular health drink, has Virat Kohli as its brand ambassador. His association with the brand promotes a healthy and active lifestyle, especially among children and young athletes.
8. SIS Labs: Kohli's venture into the sports nutrition industry includes an ownership stake in Sports Illustrated Supplements (SIS Labs). He endorses the brand's products, reflecting his commitment to fitness and nutrition.
9. MPL (Mobile Premier League): Virat Kohli's partnership with MPL, a fantasy sports and mobile gaming platform, showcases his interest in the gaming world and his connection with India's youth.
10. Blue Star: Kohli's association with Blue Star, a leading air conditioning and commercial refrigeration company, highlights the brand's commitment to quality and performance.
These are just a few examples of the numerous brands that Virat Kohli endorses. His charismatic appeal, both on and off the cricket field, makes him a valuable asset for companies seeking to connect with a diverse and enthusiastic audience. Virat Kohli's brand endorsements not only reflect his marketability but also his influence in shaping consumer choices and preferences.
Virat Kohli Business Ventures Beyond Cricket:
Beyond his stellar cricketing career, Virat Kohli has ventured into several business initiatives, demonstrating his entrepreneurial spirit and versatility. Here are some of his notable business ventures:
1. One8: Virat Kohli launched his athleisure brand, One8, in collaboration with Puma. The brand offers a wide range of sports and casual wear, including apparel, footwear, and accessories. It reflects Kohli's personal style and commitment to fitness.
2. Wrogn: Wrogn is another fashion brand co-owned by Virat Kohli. It specializes in men's fashion, offering trendy clothing and accessories. The brand targets the youth with its edgy and vibrant designs.
3. Sports Convo: Kohli is the co-founder of Sports Convo, a sports-focused social media platform. It provides fans with a space to engage in discussions, share opinions, and connect with their favorite athletes.
4. Chisel: Virat Kohli's passion for fitness led to the establishment of Chisel, a chain of gyms and fitness centers. Chisel offers personalized training programs and emphasizes the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
5. Stepathlon: As a co-promoter of Stepathlon, Kohli encourages people to adopt an active lifestyle. Stepathlon organizes corporate and community-based step challenges to promote fitness and well-being.
6. MuveAcoustics: Virat Kohli is associated with MuveAcoustics, a brand that specializes in audio equipment such as headphones and earphones. His involvement reflects his interest in music and the importance of quality sound.
7. SIS Labs: Kohli has invested in Sports Illustrated Supplements (SIS Labs), a sports nutrition startup. The company produces dietary supplements and promotes the benefits of nutrition for athletes.
8. BFC: Kohli became a co-owner of the Bengaluru Football Club (BFC) in the Indian Super League (ISL). His involvement with the club showcases his passion for football and support for the sport's growth in India.
9. Digit Insurance: Kohli holds a stake in Digit Insurance, a technology-driven general insurance company. His investment reflects his interest in the tech and finance sectors.
10. Vivira Spirits: Kohli invested in Vivira Spirits, a spirits and beverages company. He actively participates in the brand's promotions and events.
Virat Kohli's foray into various business ventures demonstrates his commitment to exploring opportunities beyond cricket. His success in both sports and entrepreneurship has made him a prominent figure in the world of business and a source of inspiration for aspiring entrepreneurs and athletes alike. Kohli's ability to balance a demanding cricketing career with his entrepreneurial pursuits is a testament to his vision and determination.
Virat Kohli Bowling & Batting Stats:
1. Matches: 95
2. Innings: 164
3. Runs Scored: 7547
4. Batting Average: 52.04
5. Centuries: 27
6. Half-Centuries: 26
7. Highest Score: 254*
One-Day Internationals (ODIs):
1. Matches: 254
2. Innings: 245
3. Runs Scored: 12169
4. Batting Average: 59.07
5. Centuries: 43
6. Half-Centuries: 62
7. Highest Score: 183
Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is):
1. Matches: 90
2. Innings: 84
3. Runs Scored: 3159
4. Batting Average: 52.65
5. Centuries: 0
6. Half-Centuries: 28
7. Highest Score: 94*
1. Matches: 95
2. Wickets: 0
3. Bowling Average: N/A
4. Best Bowling: N/A
5. Economy Rate: N/A
One-Day Internationals (ODIs):
1. Matches: 254
2. Wickets: 4
3. Bowling Average: 166.25
4. Best Bowling: 1/15
5. Economy Rate: 5.36
Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is):
1. Matches: 90
2. Wickets: 4
3. Bowling Average: 62.00
4. Best Bowling: 1/13
5. Economy Rate: 8.85
Virat Kohli is widely regarded as one of the greatest batsmen in the history of cricket. His impressive batting records across all formats of the game attest to his consistency and ability to score runs under various conditions. While he is primarily known for his batting prowess, he has occasionally contributed with the ball in limited-overs cricket.