Ravindra Jadeja: Age, Net Worth, Salary, Birthday, Injury, IPL & International Careers, Social Account, Records List, Family, Height & Weight
Ravindra Jadeja, popularly known as "Jaddu," is an Indian cricketer renowned for his exceptional all-round abilities. Born on December 6, 1988, in Jamnagar, Gujarat, Jadeja is a left-handed batsman and a left-arm orthodox spinner. He has established himself as a vital member of the Indian cricket team, contributing with both the bat and the ball. Jadeja is known for his electrifying fielding skills and is often referred to as one of the best fielders in the world. His relentless work ethic and versatility make him a valuable asset in all formats of the game.
Who is R Jadeja?
Ravindra Jadeja, commonly known as R Jadeja or "Jaddu," is an Indian international cricketer. Born on December 6, 1988, in Jamnagar, Gujarat, Jadeja is a left-handed batsman and a left-arm orthodox spinner. He is renowned for his exceptional all-round cricketing abilities, which include batting, bowling, and fielding.
Jadeja has represented the Indian national cricket team in all three formats of the game: Test matches, One-Day Internationals (ODIs), and Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is). He is known for his accurate and economical bowling, his ability to take crucial wickets, and his proficiency as a lower-order batsman. Jadeja's fielding skills are also widely regarded as some of the best in the cricketing world.
Throughout his career, Jadeja has played a crucial role in India's success in various cricketing competitions, including ICC tournaments. He has been a consistent performer for both the national team and his Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise, the Chennai Super Kings (CSK). Jadeja's dedication to the sport, versatility, and athleticism have earned him recognition as one of India's top cricketing talents.
R Jadeja Personal Information:
1. Full Name: Ravindrasinh Anirudhsinh Jadeja
2. Date of Birth: December 6, 1988
3. Place of Birth: Jamnagar, Gujarat, India
4. Role: All-Rounder
5. Batting Style: Left-Handed
6. Bowling Style: Left-Arm Orthodox Spin
R Jadeja: A Brief Biography
Ravindra Jadeja, popularly known as "Sir Jadeja" or "Jaddu," is an Indian cricketer who has established himself as one of the world's premier all-rounders. Born on December 6, 1988, in Navagam, Gujarat, Jadeja has made significant contributions to both the Indian national cricket team and various domestic cricket franchises.
R Jadeja Early Life and Cricket Journey:
Ravindra Jadeja hails from a humble background, and his cricketing journey began at a young age. He impressed selectors with his all-round abilities and made his debut for the Saurashtra cricket team in 2006. Jadeja's impressive performances in domestic cricket soon earned him a place in the Indian Under-19 team.
R Jadeja International Debut:
Jadeja made his international debut for India in an ODI (One Day International) against Sri Lanka in February 2009. His left-arm spin, combined with his aggressive batting and exceptional fielding skills, quickly caught the attention of cricket enthusiasts.
R Jadeja Rise to Prominence:
Over the years, Ravindra Jadeja established himself as a key player in India's limited-overs squads. He played a crucial role in India's triumph in the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy, where he was the highest wicket-taker in the tournament.
R Jadeja All-Round Brilliance:
Jadeja is renowned for his all-round abilities. As a bowler, his accurate left-arm spin has often been a thorn in the side of opposition batsmen. His batting prowess, particularly in the lower order, has rescued India on numerous occasions. Additionally, his exceptional fielding skills make him one of the finest fielders in world cricket.
R Jadeja Test Cricket Success:
In Test cricket, Jadeja's consistency and ability to take wickets on turning tracks have made him a crucial asset for the Indian team. He has formed a formidable spin duo with Ravi Ashwin, and their partnership has played a pivotal role in India's Test successes at home and abroad.
R Jadeja Indian Premier League (IPL):
Ravindra Jadeja has been an integral part of the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) franchise in the Indian Premier League (IPL). His performances for CSK have made him a fan favorite, and he has played a significant role in the team's multiple IPL victories.
R Jadeja Awards and Achievements:
Jadeja has received several awards and accolades, including the prestigious Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for the ICC Cricketer of the Year in 2020.
R Jadeja Off the Field:
Apart from his cricketing prowess, Jadeja is known for his passion for horses and has a stud farm. He also serves as a Lieutenant Colonel in the Indian Army. Ravindra Jadeja's journey from a small village in Gujarat to becoming one of the world's leading all-rounders is an inspiring story of determination and skill. His contributions to Indian cricket continue to be celebrated by fans and cricket enthusiasts worldwide.
R Jadeja Injuries and Comebacks:
Ravindra Jadeja, like many professional cricketers, has had his fair share of injuries and comebacks during his cricketing career. Here's an overview of some of his notable injuries and how he made comebacks:
1. 2012: Dislocated Thumb - Early Comeback:
During the England tour in 2012, Jadeja suffered a dislocated thumb while fielding in a Test match. Despite the injury, he made a swift recovery and returned to action sooner than expected. His determination and quick return showcased his commitment to the team.
2. 2013: Shoulder Injury - Brief Layoff:
In the 2013 Indian Premier League (IPL), Jadeja sustained a shoulder injury while fielding. This injury forced him to miss a few IPL matches and delayed his return to competitive cricket for a brief period. However, he made a full recovery and returned to action for both Chennai Super Kings and the Indian team.
3. 2014: Left Hand Injury - Missed Part of IPL:
During the 2014 IPL season, Jadeja injured his left hand while batting. This injury led to him missing several IPL matches. His absence was felt by Chennai Super Kings, but he eventually made a successful comeback after recovering from the injury.
4. 2018: Knee and Side Strain - Brief Layoff:
In 2018, Jadeja suffered a knee injury and a side strain during India's tour of England. These injuries forced him to miss a significant portion of the tour. However, he worked diligently on his rehabilitation and made a comeback to competitive cricket once he was fully fit.
5. 2019: Shoulder Injury - Missed Part of World Cup:
Leading up to the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup, Jadeja suffered a shoulder injury. He missed the initial matches of the tournament but returned later in the competition. His performances upon his return, including a memorable knock against New Zealand in the semi-final, demonstrated his ability to bounce back after injuries.
6. 2020: Concussion and Hamstring Injury - Gradual Recovery:
During India's tour of Australia in 2020-21, Jadeja faced a concussion scare and later suffered a hamstring injury. He had to miss some crucial matches, including the Test series, due to these injuries. His recovery process was gradual, and he returned to the team once he was fully fit, making a significant impact in the Test series against England in early 2021.
Throughout his career, Ravindra Jadeja's determination, work ethic, and commitment to rehabilitation have enabled him to overcome various injuries and make successful comebacks to the cricketing arena. His ability to bounce back from setbacks has been a testament to his resilience as a cricketer.
R Jadeja Records and Achievements:
Ravindra Jadeja, the dynamic Indian all-rounder, has achieved numerous records and milestones in his cricketing career. Here is a compilation of some of his notable records and achievements:
1. ICC Cricketer of the Year (2020): Jadeja was awarded the prestigious Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for the ICC Cricketer of the Year in 2020, recognizing his outstanding performances across all formats of the game.
2. Fastest Fifty for India in ODIs: Jadeja holds the record for the fastest fifty by an Indian batsman in ODIs. He achieved this feat in just 29 balls against New Zealand in 2019.
3. First Indian Left-Arm Spinner to Take 200 Test Wickets: Jadeja became the first Indian left-arm spinner to reach the milestone of 200 Test wickets. His ability to take wickets consistently in Test matches has been a significant asset for the Indian team.
4. Highest Test Batting Average Among Indian All-Rounders: Jadeja boasts one of the highest Test batting averages among Indian all-rounders. He has often played crucial innings down the order and contributed significantly with the bat.
5. First Indian to Score 3 Triple-Centuries in First-Class Cricket: In domestic cricket, Jadeja has displayed his batting prowess by becoming the first Indian to score three triple-centuries in first-class cricket.
6. Numerous Man of the Match and Man of the Series Awards: Jadeja has been awarded several Man of the Match and Man of the Series awards for his outstanding performances in various formats of the game.
7. Consistent Performances in Limited-Overs Cricket: Jadeja's consistent performances in One Day Internationals (ODIs) and T20 Internationals (T20Is) as a bowler, batsman, and fielder have made him a valuable asset for India in limited-overs cricket.
8. Part of ICC Tournament Wins: Jadeja played a pivotal role in India's victories in the 2008 U-19 Cricket World Cup and the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy.
9. Exceptional Fielding Skills: Widely regarded as one of the best fielders in world cricket, Jadeja has taken numerous stunning catches and saved crucial runs for his team with his athleticism and agility.
10. Key Player in IPL Success: As a key player for the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in the Indian Premier League (IPL), Jadeja has been instrumental in the franchise's multiple IPL title wins.
R Jadeja International Stardom:
Ravindra Jadeja, often referred to as "Jaddu" or "Sir Jadeja," has achieved international stardom through his exceptional cricketing skills and contributions to the Indian cricket team. Here's a closer look at his journey to international stardom:
1. Early Rise and Domestic Success: Ravindra Jadeja's cricketing journey began at a young age in his hometown of Navagam, Gujarat. He made his debut for the Saurashtra cricket team and soon established himself as an all-rounder of immense potential. His impressive performances in domestic cricket earned him recognition and paved the way for his entry into the international arena.
2. Versatility as an All-Rounder: Jadeja's unique combination of left-arm spin bowling, dynamic batting, and exceptional fielding skills made him stand out. He showcased his ability to perform in all three facets of the game, marking himself as a valuable asset to the Indian team.
3. Impact in Limited-Overs Cricket: In One Day Internationals (ODIs) and T20 Internationals (T20Is), Jadeja's consistency with both bat and ball made him a force to be reckoned with. His performances as a middle-order batsman and a wicket-taking bowler earned him recognition as one of the premier all-rounders in limited-overs cricket.
4. Crucial Contributions in ICC Events: Jadeja's impact was particularly evident in ICC tournaments. He played a pivotal role in India's victory in the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy, finishing as the tournament's highest wicket-taker. His ability to handle pressure situations and contribute with both bat and ball made him an indispensable asset in global competitions.
5. Test Cricket Success: In Test cricket, Jadeja's left-arm spin became a potent weapon for India, especially on turning tracks at home. His ability to consistently take wickets and provide breakthroughs played a crucial role in India's Test successes, both in India and abroad.
6. Stunning Fielding Abilities: Jadeja's fielding prowess is often considered among the best in the world. His lightning-quick reflexes, agility, and ability to save runs and take stunning catches in the outfield added another dimension to his cricketing prowess.
7. Indian Premier League (IPL) Stardom: As a prominent member of the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) franchise in the IPL, Jadeja's performances in the tournament have made him a fan favorite. His all-round abilities and dynamic presence on the field have contributed significantly to CSK's success in the competition.
8. Off-Field Charisma: Beyond his cricketing abilities, Jadeja's charismatic personality and down-to-earth nature have endeared him to fans and fellow cricketers alike. He has a strong social media presence and often engages with his followers, further solidifying his stardom.
R Jadeja T20 International Debut:
Ravindra Jadeja made his T20 International (T20I) debut for the Indian cricket team on February 10, 2009, against Sri Lanka. The match took place at the R. Premadasa Stadium in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Here's a brief overview of his T20I debut:
1. Date: February 10, 2009
2. Opponent: Sri Lanka
3. Venue: R. Premadasa Stadium, Colombo, Sri Lanka
4. Role in the Match: Ravindra Jadeja was included in the playing XI primarily as a left-arm spin bowler and a lower-order batsman. He was handed his maiden T20I cap, signifying the beginning of his international T20 career.
5. Performance in the Match: While Jadeja didn't have a significant impact with the bat in his debut T20I, he bowled two economical overs, conceding just 15 runs. Although he didn't take any wickets in that match, his steady bowling performance was a sign of things to come.
6. Outcome of the Match: India won the T20I against Sri Lanka by three wickets. It was a closely contested match, and India successfully chased down the target, with Suresh Raina playing a key role in the run chase.
R Jadeja's Remarkable Achievements
Ravindra Jadeja, fondly known as "Sir Jadeja" or "Jaddu," has achieved remarkable milestones and achievements in his cricketing career. Here are some of his standout accomplishments:
1. ICC Cricketer of the Year (2020): Jadeja was honored with the prestigious Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for the ICC Cricketer of the Year in 2020. This award recognized his exceptional all-round contributions to the Indian cricket team.
2. First Indian Left-Arm Spinner to Take 200 Test Wickets: Ravindra Jadeja became the first Indian left-arm spinner to reach the milestone of 200 Test wickets, underlining his effectiveness as a spin bowler in the longest format of the game.
3. Highest Batting Average Among Indian All-Rounders in Tests: Jadeja boasts one of the highest batting averages among Indian all-rounders in Test cricket. His ability to contribute with the bat adds depth to India's Test lineup.
4. Triple-Centuries in Domestic Cricket: Jadeja became the first Indian cricketer to score three triple-centuries in first-class cricket. These remarkable innings showcased his batting prowess.
5. Consistency in Limited-Overs Cricket: In One Day Internationals (ODIs) and T20 Internationals (T20Is), Jadeja has been a consistent performer with both bat and ball, contributing to India's success in limited-overs formats.
6. Game-Changing Fielding Skills: Jadeja's exceptional fielding skills, including stunning catches and quick run-outs, have earned him a reputation as one of the best fielders in the world.
7. Key Role in ICC Tournaments: Jadeja has played pivotal roles in various ICC tournaments, helping India clinch titles, including the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy.
8. Impact in Overseas Conditions: Jadeja has proven his mettle in challenging overseas conditions, showcasing his ability to perform on different types of pitches and against top-quality opposition.
9. Consistent Performer for Chennai Super Kings (CSK): As a vital member of the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) franchise in the Indian Premier League (IPL), Jadeja has contributed significantly to the team's multiple IPL title wins.
10. Exceptional Versatility: What sets Jadeja apart is his versatility as a cricketer. He can adapt to various roles within the team, be it as a bowler, batsman, or fielder, making him a valuable asset.
R Jadeja's Career Highlights Across Formats
Ravindra Jadeja, often referred to as "Jaddu" or "Sir Jadeja," has had a distinguished cricketing career across various formats. Here are some career highlights that showcase his excellence in each format:
1. 200 Test Wickets: Ravindra Jadeja became the first Indian left-arm spinner to take 200 wickets in Test cricket. His consistent performances with the ball have made him a crucial asset in the longer format.
2. All-Round Brilliance: Jadeja's ability to contribute with both bat and ball in Test cricket has been impressive. He has provided balance to the team, consistently making valuable contributions.
3. Partnership with Ravichandran Ashwin: His spin partnership with Ravichandran Ashwin has been pivotal in India's Test victories at home and abroad. The duo has consistently troubled opposition batsmen.
One Day Internationals (ODIs):
1. Fastest Fifty for India: Jadeja holds the record for the fastest fifty by an Indian batsman in ODIs, achieving this feat in just 29 balls against New Zealand in 2019.
2. Consistent All-Rounder: He has been a consistent all-rounder in ODIs, providing stability in the lower order with the bat and bowling economically in the middle overs.
3. Match-Winning Performances: Jadeja has played crucial roles in winning matches for India, both with the bat and ball. His ability to handle pressure situations is a valuable asset.
Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is):
1. Dynamic Finisher: In T20Is, Jadeja is known for his dynamic finishing skills. His aggressive batting in the death overs has helped India post challenging totals.
2. Economical Bowling: His ability to bowl tight spells in the shortest format, coupled with his ability to take wickets, makes him a versatile asset.
Indian Premier League (IPL):
1. Chennai Super Kings (CSK) Star: Jadeja has been an integral part of the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) franchise. His consistent performances in the IPL have contributed to CSK's success, including multiple IPL titles.
2. Exceptional Fielding Skills: World-Class Fielder: Widely regarded as one of the best fielders in the world, Jadeja's stunning catches and lightning-quick fielding have often turned matches in India's favor.
1. 2013 ICC Champions Trophy: Jadeja played a crucial role in India's victory in the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy, where he was the highest wicket-taker in the tournament.
2. Impact in Other ICC Events: He has consistently performed well in various ICC tournaments, such as the ICC Cricket World Cup and ICC T20 World Cup, contributing to India's campaigns.
R Jadeja Net Worth:
Ravindra Jadeja's net worth was estimated to be around $7 million to $9 million USD. However, it's important to note that net worth figures can change over time due to various factors, including endorsements, contracts, investments, and other sources of income. Ravindra Jadeja earns income from various streams, including:
1. Cricket Contracts: His contracts with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and the IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings (CSK) have been lucrative.
2. IPL Earnings: Jadeja has been an important player for CSK in the Indian Premier League (IPL), and his earnings from IPL contracts have been substantial.
3. Endorsements: Like many top cricketers, Jadeja has been associated with endorsements and brand sponsorships, which can contribute significantly to his income.
4. Match Fees and Prizes: He earns match fees and bonuses from international and domestic cricket matches.
5. Other Ventures: Jadeja has interests beyond cricket, including his stud farm business and investments, which can contribute to his overall net worth.
R Jadeja Wife
Ravindra Jadeja is married to Reeva Solanki. The couple tied the knot on April 17, 2016, in a private ceremony attended by close family and friends. Reeva Solanki hails from Rajkot, Gujarat, and she has a background in the hospitality industry. Ravindra Jadeja and Reeva Solanki have a daughter together named Nidhyana. The couple often shares pictures of their daughter on social media, giving fans a glimpse into their family life.